1700 NW 15th Dr., Pendleton, OR 97801
Social Thinking Curriculums, SuperFlex,
Incredible Flexible You, Social Detective &
the Zones of Regulation
SuperFlex uses a high-interest superhero theme to engage students in learning to be self-aware and engage in pro-social behaviors. Incredible Flexible You and Social Detective use child-centered books to teach social thinking concepts, social and school smarts and expected/unexpected behaviors.The Zones Curriculum teaches students to become self-aware, know when they have been triggered, and use tools to return to a calm state so that they are available for learning. These programs are being used throughout schools to teach self-regulation, social and behavioral flexibility. When all members of a child’s team know and understand the conceptsand language it helps students learn the skills more quickly and be more likely to generalize them across environments. Parents can follow through with many of the concepts at home. Some of the common concepts throughout the four programs are:
- Visually based
- Teaching the perspective of others
- Teaching the students strategies to monitor and regulate themselves
- Increasing vocabulary for emotional and social behavior
- Teaching emotional and social behavior, regulation and flexibility
- Target Audience: Parents of students with ASD (and related conditions) in preschool through middle school who are interested in learning about social thinking, self-regulation and emotional control.
Target Audience: Parents of students with ASD (and related conditions) in preschool through middle school who are interested in learning about social thinking, self-regulation and emotional control.
November 20, 2013 6pm-8pm
Location: West Hills Intermediate School, 1700 NW 15th Dr., Pendleton, OR 97801
**Families connect will be providing childcare for up to 10 children. To make arrangements for childcare email is email@example.com and the contact phone is 541-377-0790.